Unforgettable expedition deep into Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley and
May 23- June 2, 2015
Visit Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley,
Sept. 10-16, 2015
Travelers can add an Amazon Extension to these tours
"What a grand trip Tom and I had. The weather was perfect, the food delicious, and the scenery marvelous!! The guides were all wonderful and Wilbert in Cusco was the most fabulous guide anyone could imagine. He was so thorough , answered all our questions, and knew every nuance of Inca culture and tradition anyone could want to know. I learned so much from him and he was so gracious that it makes me want to go back…"
Cultural Expeditions is a boutique tour agency founded in 1999 by Elvi Bjorkquist, an artist with deep ties to Peru. She has a passionate interest in the arts, archaeology, and indigenous cultures. “Peru fascinates me, its ancient cultural roots dating from 3,000 BCE , its Pre-Columbian cultures – the Inca, Moche, Nazca – and the 16th-17th century Colonial period infuse modern-day Peru with an exquisite cultural richness."
• To provide clients with a unique in-country experience that helps them see, feel, know, and understand Peru – its culture, history, natural beauty, and its mystical power.
• To enhance knowledge and understanding through excellent, accurate site interpretation by expert Peruvian guides.
• To enrich each tour with our signature in-country Cultural Immersion Evenings. These tour-specific events feature local cuisine, presentations and demonstrations, Q and A, and time to debrief and process the Peruvian experience.
• To provide clients with safe and worry-free travel, taking care of all the arrangements, luggage, and logistics.
• To provide comprehensive pre-trip information.
• To tread lightly and sensitively in Peru – to respect the environment, community resources, and local people.
A veteran traveler with a special sensitivity to other cultures, Elvi lived abroad for several years and has traveled to 29 countries. Peru captured her heart in 1995 because of its ancient culture,
exquisite beauty, archaeological sites, arts, and historical importance. Each trip there
has made her more committed to sharing the experience of Peru with others. As a
specialist in art and art history and also Pre-Colombian and Peruvian cultures and
the early Spanish Contact Period (BFA and two Master’s degrees), Elvi brings a
passion for authentic travel, for showing guests the true diversity and beauty of Peru.
A licensed expedition leader and past president of the Official Guides of Tourism Association in Cusco, Peru, Wilbert has 30 years of experience in tour leadership in Peru. In 2007, he was awarded the “best tour guide” designation by the Peruvian Ministry of Tourism.
His passion for history and his scholarly knowledge (Bachelor’s and Masters from the
National University of San Antonio de Abad, Cusco, Peru) and his language proficiency
(English, Spanish, and French) give him the ability to make Peruvian history and heritage come alive. He not only knows about the cultural heritage of Peru, he is also connected with the people and places important to making Cultural Expeditions tours unique and memorable.
A former university professor, Bojinka has visited 19 countries and enjoyed extended stays in Japan, Thailand, France, and Central Europe. This extensive travel experience has given her a keen understanding of the needs of travelers and a sensitivity to other cultures. She is a communications scholar and writer who embraces all the arts and provides expertise in developing and fine-tuning tours.
Bojinka is the editor and publisher of Flying High Solo http://www.flyinghighsolo.com, an online magazine on positive living - with stories on living a full and interesting
life especially when you're on your own.
Wilbert with one of our trekking groups.
To book it call: 303.699.7671
Sign up for Newsletter
Cultural Expeditions, inc.
Copyright 2014, Cultural Expeditions, Inc.